The Kestrel DROP D3 is a small, rugged, and accurate environmental data logger. Made in the USA, the DROP D3 is made to interface with several companies producing Ballistic Apps such as: Ballistic AE, Shooter, AB Mobile (Tactical version only), MD Ballistics and Strelok Pro. This allows used to populate their ballistics apps with real time weather information on the fly.
The DROP D3 is built to Kestrel’s specific rugged durability standards. They are waterproof and drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards. Users are also able to set threshold alarms, and an in-app pop-up with notify a user if a certain measurement criteria has been met.
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on your smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100 feet for iPhone connection
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time / logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 months – 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- The Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time as with the Kestrel Wind Meters.
Compatible with iPhone 5 and higher, as well as Android 4.2 or higher
For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds. Battery life will be reduced by colder conditions and more frequent logging or update rates.