338 Ultra Suppressor SR or BA
The Thunder Beast Arms 338 Ultra Suppressor Gen 2 is the best suppressor for 338 Lapua. It offers excellent suppression level with ultra light weight. For .338 caliber up to .338 Lapua Magnum or 338 RUM. It provides amazing sound suppression and movement mitigation for calibers below 338 lapua as well.
The 338 Ultra Suppressor from TBAC attaches to your rifle in 2 configurations. The first is the older BA (or Brake Attached) configuration which uses the older larger diameter brake from Thunder Beast Arms. The second configuration uses the new SR brake which stands for Secondary Retention. This SR is our preferred method of attachment since it assures you the suppressor won’t loosen. The SR system meets the military specification represented in the 2017 ASR (Advanced Sniper Rifle) solicitation. Additionally the 338 Ultra Suppressor SR is the silencer Accuracy International chose as the suppressor submitted with the AI ASR rifle system.
- Material: Titanium
- Weight: 17.2 ounces (BA) | 20.0 ounces (SR)
- Length: 10.4 inches (BA) | 11 Inches (SR)
- Diameter: 1.8 inches
- Thread: 5/8-24, 3/4-20, 3/4-24, 3/4-28, M18x1.0, M18x1.5 (Thunder Beast Compact Brake required)
- Colors include Black & FDE.
- .338 Lapua Magnum suppression numbers are 134.6 dB muzzle, 121.3 shooter’s ear shot with a 27″ AI-AXMC-LE, Lapua 300gr ammunition
The 338 Ultra Suppressor is Hard Use/ Full Auto rated. Lifetime to exceed at least 10 SURGE cycles on a 10.5″ M4 / MK18. The BA version of the 338 ULTRA is NOT full-auto rated due to the mount being insufficient.
The manufacturer cleaning regime is located at this link.