$1,495.00 – $1,795.00
The Magnus Suppressor is one of the Thunder Beast Suppressors made by TBAC or Thunder Beast Arms Corporation.
*Note – I apologize for my dirty Magnus suppressor – I wanted to get pictures up and I currently only have my we used one available currently! I will change the pictures out once a brand new one shows up!
“The quietest .30 cal suppressor on the market” according to Thunder Beast Arms.
We stock the Magnus Suppressor in Black, the color can be changed easily by the manufacturer by shipping the suppressor back and requesting a repaint which costs around $25. We are happy to facilitate this process for suppressors that are here waiting for a completed Form 4, simply contact us to request a different color. We will take payment for the repaint and shipping and your suppressor should be done by the time your Form 4 is completed.
The SR and CB versions of the Magnus suppressor come with (1) brake. Normally we pre-order 5/8 x 24 tpi brakes with our suppressors. If you need a different brake thread pitch please indicated that in your order comment and we will attempt to support your request.
The Magnus suppressor comes in (3) attachment interfaces:
- SR — Secondary Retention uses the SR Brakes and has a collar which locks the suppressor in place. This attachment interface is shared with the Thunder Beast suppressors: 338 Ultra-SR, Dominus-SR and Dominus-K-SR. The combination of design and SR brake allow the Magnus to achieve the same hard use rating as the Dominus-SR which is “Lifetime to exceed at least 10 SURGE cycles on a 10.5″ M4 / MK18”. The non-SR Mangus suppressors do not have this same level of hard use rating because of the limitations imposed by their attachment interface.
- CB — Compact Brake is the interface shared across many of the Thunder Beast suppressors like the Ultra 5, Ultra 7, Ultra 9 and Dominus-CB.
- HUB — This is a 1.375 X 24 thread per inch connection which is becoming a more standard interface across manufacturers. This allows the use of standardized mounting parts shared across some manufacturers, building in more flexibility outside the TBAC ecosystem.
Magnus Suppressor Specs:
- Caliber is .30 (not to exceed .300 Norma Magnum)
- Magnus Suppressor is made from Titanium
- Brake is made from Ionbond Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coated steel
- Length is 9 inches for CB and HUB interfaces
- Length is 9.7 inches for SR interface
- Diameter is 1.8 inches
- Diameter of SR collar is 1.85 inches
- we do NOT sell as a direct thread (the CB interface Magnus suppressor is convertible to direct thread by manufacturer after purchase)
- Weight is 15 ounces for CB and HUB interface versions
- Weight is 18 ounces for SR interface version
- Available colors are Black, OD Green, Flat Dark Earth and Federal 20150 [SURG Brown]
The Magnus suppressor is 1.3″ shorter than the 338 Ultra SR, while being almost as quiet. For more details, please watch this test performed by Ray from Thunder Beast Arms on Youtube where he compared several suppressors including the Magnus SR and 338 Ultra SR with 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition.
Here are the test numbers Ray posted, and this is the reason I switched from shooting the 338 Ultra SR on my 6mm BRA competition rifle to the Magnus SR.
- MR-128.0,125.7,125.3,125.6,126.5 Avg-127.1
- ML-128.3,125.7,125.7,126.6,128.9 Avg-126.2
- MR/ML Avg- 126.6
- SE-113.1,110.9,110.9,112.1,112.9 Avg-112
Gen 2 338 Ultra:
- MR-123.6,127.0,125.0,123.3,124.1 Avg-124.6
- ML-126.5,125.2,122.4,122.9,126.0 Avg-124.6
- MR/ML Avg- 124.6
- SE-112.6,109.3,110.6,110.5,108.7 Avg-110.3