RRS SOAR Tripod for Shooters
We carry (4) variations of the tripods by Really Right Stuff. All RRS Soar Tripods are MK2 version of the legs and twist locks.
- TVC-22i MK2 with Anvil-30 ARC head series 2 platform adapter
- TFCT MK2 33 with Anvil-30 ARC head
- TFCT MK2 34 with Anvil-30 ARC head
- TFCT MK2 34L with Anvil-30 ARC head
All current RRS tripods ship with the new Really Right Stuff SOAR R-lock Anvil 30 ARC head which integrates the new backwards compatible R-lock system from RRS. Read more about R-lock here.
The Load Capacity of these carbon fiber shooting tripods range from 45 lbs – 95 lbs depending on which legs are extended. Each of the 4 variations are have minor differences within that range. The most common similarity is that the greatest load capacity is obtained with the least amount of leg extension.
For example, here are the load capacity measurements of the 3 Leg Section 3 series tripod (TFCT MK2 33):
- Load Capacity 1st Position Fully Extended: 85lbs
- Load Capacity 2nd Position Fully Extended: 50lbs
- Load Capacity 3rd Position Fully Collapsed: 65lbs
Common RRS SOAR Tripod Heights for comparison
My maximum suggested height for stability:
- 2 Leg Section (22i) — max height full extended = 67 inches (5.6 feet)
- 3 Leg Section (33) — max height fully extended = 61 inches (5 feet)
- 4 Leg Section (34) — max height without the smallest legs extended = 42.7 inches (3.5 feet)
- 4 Leg Section Long (34L) — max height without the smallest legs extended = 49.7 inches (4.1 feet )
Minimum collapsed length:
- 2 Leg Section (22i) — minimum length legs collapsed including RRS Anvil 30 head = 41 inches
- 3 Leg Section (33) — minimum length legs collapsed including RRS Anvil 30 head = 28 inches
- 4 Leg Section (34) — minimum length legs collapsed including RRS Anvil 30 head = 23.6 inches
- 4 Leg Section Long (34L) — minimum length legs collapsed including RRS Anvil 30 head = 26.6 inches
Maximum Extended Height (including Anvil-30 head):
- 2 Leg Section (22i) — max height is 67 inches (5.6 feet)
- 3 Leg Section (33) — max height is 61 inches (5 feet)
- 4 Leg Section (34) — max height is 61 inches (5 feet)
- 4 Leg Section (34L) — max height is 71 inches (5.9 feet)
- 2 Leg Section (22i) — 4.28 lbs
- 3 Leg Section (33) — 4.66 lbs
- 4 Leg Section (34) — 4.79 lbs
- 4 Leg Section Long (34L) — 5.5 lbs
We feel these are the most appropriate of the RRS SOAR tripods for competition shooters in Precision Rifle Series, National Rifle League and other field shooting matches due to their load capacity and vibration dampening.
All of these come with the RRS Anvil 30 head pre-installed (using the tapered apex designed by Really Right Stuff) with the exception of the TVC-22i (our price includes the head but it is not preinstalled).
****This TFCT Series 3 Tripod is compatible with Bison Tactical’s Shooting Tripod Brace!****
- R-Lock (when available) R-Lock stands for Rapid-Lock which is a safety feature added to halt movement along the shear axis by providing multiple hard-stop points on the rail.. This technology is integrated into both the RRS 1.5″ dovetail standard and the clamp like the Anvil 30 ARC. This technology is backwards compatible so normal RRS 1.5″ dovetail will work with the clamp, and it helps eliminate snag points along the rail of the rifle. While still allowing a smooth movement along the rail.
- New twist locks with integrated wipers to keep particles out of the locking mechanism, providing better resistance to the elements
- New improved knurling pattern feels better on your skin
- New collets replace the old locking gibbs, reducing lock engagement to half the travel to lock and unlock faster with less effort
- New O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
- New vented clevis design allow legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
- New threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like QD attachments or a BC-18
- Patent-pending Taper Lock System secures the ballhead inside the apex making it unable to slip
- Offset Leg Joints: Tripods must occasionally withstand tremendous bending and torsion loads. It is crucial that the leg angle stops and all other structural joints are well supported. Our patented offset leg joints fully support the leg angle stops allowing loads to be transferred straight through the strongest members of the tripod. This also means the tripod is more compact when collapsed.
- Rubber Ball Feet: Large diameter teardrop shape keeps leg sidewalls from touching the ground even at the lowest settings and makes positive contact with the ground at virtually any angle.
- Anodized, Type 3 Black
- High strength to weight ratio
- Made from CNC-machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Solid apex for strength and reliability
- Ergonomic spring-loaded pull tabs with visual lock/unlock
- Fast, modular and customizable design
RRS SOAR Tripods come with:
- (1) TFCT MK2 Tripod with Anvil-30 Head (or Anvil 30 ARC when available) – the RRS SOAR Tripod
- or TVC-22i
- (1) Anvil 30 Ballhead comes Pre-Installed (except the TVC-22i)
- (2) 3/16″ hex keys (required to adjust leg angle tension)
- (1) 9/64″ hex key (required to loosen/tighten Anvil-30 screws)
- (1) User’s guide
Really Right Stuff
|Dimensions||28 × 8 × 8 in|
|RRS Tripod|| |
22i, 33, 34, 34L