Skinny Boy Tactical Udder
The Tactical Udder Skinny Boy is here! Its skinnier on one side and smaller than the Tactical Udder Fat Boy, so its easier to carry in your pack.
*Now (7/5/23) shipping prefilled with Lightweight Fill for Shooting Bags
The idea with this bag was asymmetry to provide a lot more options for positional shooting. We also wanted a lightweight shooting bag, and this one delivers without sacrificing performance.
We will be offering the Skinny Boy Tactical Udder in (4) main fabric/color choices:
- Brown Waxed Canvas (30% Nylon | 70% Cotton) – Waxed Canvas is less durable than Nylon, but is considered to have better performance.
- Coyote Brown 500D Cordura Nylon (Solution Dyed, which translates to a more supple material) – Nylon is more “slippery” fabric, but has dramatically superior abrasion resistance than canvas.
- Custom – pretty much any other fabric/color choice you want to try. We have done a lot of variation over the years in terms of multiple colors, embroidery and many other things. Just email for confirmation on a color and material choice before choosing this option.
For a short time we will have small runs of other colors. Once the supplies are gone, they will be Custom bags only.
- Gray 500D Cordura Nylon
- Multi-Cam 500D Cordura Nylon
- Ranger Green 500D Cordura Nylon
- Random Pick – You choose this if you want to be surprised by something we made up out of fabric we have on-hand. This can be anything from Hot Pink 1000D Cordura to Translucent Green super thin but super strong Dyneema Composite Fabric. **If you choose the “Random Pick” option and follow us on Instagram (@bison_tactical), include your Instagram handle as a note in the order. We will be making an Instagram post each time a random bag is sold to highlight the interesting bag types, so make sure to follow us on Instagram and include your Instagram handle if you wish to be tagged!**
Weight = 1.25 lbs (with Lightweight Fill for Shooting Bags) | Weight = 4.1 lbs (previous plastic fill medium weight)
We made a LOT of adjustments to the design to get a smaller bag that functions well. Here are some of the changes included in this bag
- The bag is now rectangular(ish) approximately 7.5″ X 5.5″
- The crotch area has (2) different widths to span both narrow and wide barricades
- Updated grippy material from 3M that provides super grip on surfaces
- Outward widening tapered leg design to keep weight in the legs, while maintaining stability and widening the crotch area
- Just the right amount of grip tape on the side (for running one side down on slick surfaces like plastic blue 50gal drums)
- No handles, just a finger loop / hanging hook
- Straps that work with 3rd party shooting tables or shooting plates
- Grip Tape along the full length of the crotch area providing strong gripping surface, but not too much grip to stop movement along roof tops
- Full length zippered fill access to allow you to change or adjust fill as needed
- Thinner 500D Nylon Cordura material to make the bag more flexible
- Thinner Waxed canvas with Nylon for better durability but phenomenal suppleness (cotton is always going to be less abrasion resistant – so keep that in mind)
The core design of 4 legs is still the same as our original design, just with changes to reduce weight and size. The Tactical Udder Skinny Boy uses the same style quick removable straps which are shorter because of the narrower width.
Not yet released but available soon are straps that work with other shooting plates that have strap slots machined in them.
Buy refinishing textile wax for your waxed bags here.
100% Made in USA
100% Made in Colorado
Fill 100% recycled material (plastic bead fill)
Very versatile bag.
Firm enough for a great rest , but light enough to tote around
Well built, conforms nicely. I believe it is a good addition to anyone’s gear
Great bag! Get the lightweight fill!
I have now used the waxed version of the Tactical Udder Skinny Boy for one NRL22 match and some 500 rounds of additional practice. It was mounted on a flat plate that can be attached to a Picatinny rail on the underside of a short stock 22 rifle. It was positioned to just touch the front of the magazine. (Search for post titled “Adapt Bag for attachment to Picatinny rail for NRL22 barriers“ in the rimfire section of the Sniper’s Hide website for a description of the plate, the Picatinny attachment and pictures of the mounted Skinny Boy toward the end of the posts.) The compact size and weight along with the mount plate sized specifically for the bag let the firearm balance with stability on any barrier 2 or so inches wider. For some positions it substituted for a bipod and for other positions it gave a stable mount where a bipod wouldn’t work. Mounted to a plate it was more stable on a rope or chair back that using it unattached. As with any piece of equipment, it’s up to the shooter to learn to use it where it is useful and fits with their shooting style. I’m going to keep using it attached to the rifle as one of my core support bags.